Home Forums Discussion General Chat [Universal Love] AUSEternal Board Introductions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by IgnisIgnites IgnisIgnites 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pandaman
    pandaman
    Participant

Introduce yourself to the forum here!

I’ll start:

Hi, I’m David, from Brisbane. I enjoy playing Legacy, Vintage, Australian Highlander, and Cube. I started playing Magic in 1995 in my first year of high school, but only lasted less than two years before giving it away. 13 years later, in the Christmas of 2008, my brother and I pulled out our old cards and I rediscovered how fun it is to smash people with Serra Angels and exile creatures with Swords to Plowshares. That Christmas I found Wicked Games (now called The Dice Spot) at Lawnton and started playing Legacy there on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons. From there, I moved into unpowered Vintage, then to Australian Highlander, Cube, and finally to powered Vintage with my recently acquired Black Lotus. You’ll now find me playing Legacy on Tuesday nights at GoodGames Brisbane, participating in the Legacy, Vintage, and Australian Highlander side events at Australian GPs, at Eternal Masters, or cubing in my living room.

Legacy devotee
    Vintage dilettante
    Australian Highlander enthusiast
    Cube Draft cognoscent

Shane
    Shane
    Keymaster

I’m Shane. Started playing back with tempest, quit in Kamigawa like so many others, popped my head in for the Ravnica prerelease but only really made my way back to the game in Innistrad. I like meat pies, scones with jam and cream and arguing with people on the internet.

Golden Ladybug
    Golden Ladybug
    Participant

If no one tries to post on an empty forum, then it won’t ever be a booming hub of Australian Eternal chatter!

Anyway, I’m Aidan. I’m a Canberra player who, despite being exposed to Magic: The Gathering since age 8 or so (but only ever from being in the same room as it) only started playing last year, immediately prior to the release of Dragon’s Maze. Less than impressive pedigree, but I’ve been doing my best to break into the game. I’ve played a lot of Card Games over the years, and MTG is quickly turning into my favourite of the bunch. ISD-RTR Standard was a blast, but with the rotation looming I started to look into Modern. From Modern, I got interested in the true Eternal Formats. Thanks to the Canberra Eternal League that sprung up over the last few months, I’ve been able to play some Legacy and I’m working on getting my hands on some of the card pool. I’m about to take the plunge into 7pts Highlander (tried EDH once, decided it wasn’t for me, so I’ve gotta get my singleton fix somewhere).

Decided I’d make an account here, maybe get some advice from more experienced Eternal Planeswalkers and Planeswalkerettes, have a great time. You know, the usual.

IgnisIgnites
    IgnisIgnites
    Participant

Guess I should introduce myself here then.

Hi, my name is Ben. I am a Canberra player who has been playing on and off since Darksteel, however I didn’t really start to play competitively until Zendikar.

I stopped playing standard after New Phyrexia when my favourite deck (Kuldotha Goblins) cycled out. Since then, I have played legacy, vintage, EDH and highlander on and off, with Highlander being my outright favourite format.

I chose to make an account on Auseternal so I could have somewhere to post my horrible deck ideas and get some decent feedback from the community at large.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
    —Jaya Ballard, task mage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.