Home Forums Highlander Decklists Aggro (Archived) UB Tempo – “Delve-er”

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by unclemeat unclemeat 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarven McLinton
    Sarven McLinton
    Keymaster

PRIMER: DELVE-ER

This particular Dimir tempo deck was created by Brandon Owen. To start, here is an overview of the deck:

Brandon Owen has a few comments on the archetype and its origins, copied here for posterity:
    So the reason I made the deck is because I really like playing UB decks, and felt like sleeving up Mental Note. It’s just a pile of decent and efficient Blue and Black cards. It played really well in the Canberra meta, and I did well at Eternal Masters with it – but the red version is potentially just better.
    Also Gush. Card is stupidly good.
    I’m actually still mostly happy with the 75 I played in Brisbane. There are definitely some changes I would make.

http://auseternal.space/…/t…/brisbane-eternal-weekend-7ph/

Deluge can hit the board. It’s super good out of the board, and situationally good main. Obviously it usually does some amount of work in most match ups. But I feel like I’d rather it was just some proactive card like Ashiok. On the side of keeping deluge, it is nice to have a sweeper that often leaves behind the delve fatties (but getting reamed on True-Name Nemeis or Bitterblossom sucks).

I’d love to jam Search for Azcanta in this list. It fuels delve, it is some shoddy repeated card selection early game, and a strong sink in the late. But I can see it being durdly and not that great too.

A few of the sideboard cards were a meta call. Namely Teferi, BEB, and Darkblast. I suppose the entire sideboard is a meta call in a sense, those three are probably the weakest in an unknown meta. The sideboard I carry around for this deck is probably 40 or so cards fwiw.

Note, moving deluge puts a lot of sweepers in the board, but that’s kinda what I was going for. Just board into planeswalker control. The list is actually pretty removal light main.

Waiting for wizards to print the next Island Swamp and I’ll play it over Darkslick Shores.

The red splash in the deck is also pretty hype, but I’m just a Blue Black boy, living in a Blue Black World.

If you have any questions about the deck (sideboarding, card choices, playing) feel free to ask.

I manage Adelaide Eternal, a group running monthly tournaments in SA for Vintage, Highlander, and Legacy. We also commentate feature matches which are uploaded to our YouTube channel every month. Visit: www.youtube.com/adelaideeternal

Sarven McLinton
    Sarven McLinton
    Keymaster

This list Top 4’ed the 2018 National Highlander Championships:

Note: This list has 59 cards as Treasure Cruise received an additional point and Umezawa’s Jitte was dropped from the list.

Loki Saunders

Creatures (9)
    Deathrite Shaman
    Delver of Secrets
    Baleful Strix
    Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy
    Snapcaster Mage*
    True-Name Nemesis*
    Vendilion Clique
    Tasigur, the Golden Fang
    Tombstalker

Instants & Sorceries (26)
    Gitaxian Probe
    Mental Misstep
    Daze
    Brainstorm
    Fatal Push
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Mental Note
    Ponder
    Preordain
    Spell Pierce
    Spell Snare
    Thought Scour
    Thoughtseize
    Censor
    Chart a Course
    Collective Brutality
    Counterspell
    Diabolic Edict
    Hymn to Tourach
    Mana Drain*
    Mana Leak
    Dismember
    Toxic Deluge
    Gush
    Force of Will*
    Treasure Cruise**

Other Spells (54)
    Bitterblossom
    Umezawa’s Jitte
    Liliana of the Veil
    Liliana, the Last Hope
    Jace, the Mind Sculptor*

Lands (19)
    Field of Ruin
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    Creeping Tar Pit
    Tropical Island
    Underground Sea
    Watery Grave
    Fetid Pools
    Darkslick Shores
    Bloodstained Mire
    Flooded Strand
    Marsh Flats
    Misty Rainforest
    Polluted Delta
    Scalding Tarn
    Verdant Catacombs
    Island
    Snow-Covered Island
    Snow-Covered Swamp
    Swamp

SB: Arcane Laboratory
    SB: Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
    SB: Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: Damnation
    SB: Darkblast
    SB: Dead Weight Disfigure
    SB: Duress
    SB: Energy Flux
    SB: Engineered Explosives
    SB: Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: Null Rod
    SB: Perish
    SB: Pithing Needle
    SB: Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
    SB: Tormod’s Crypt

I manage Adelaide Eternal, a group running monthly tournaments in SA for Vintage, Highlander, and Legacy. We also commentate feature matches which are uploaded to our YouTube channel every month. Visit: www.youtube.com/adelaideeternal

unclemeat
    unclemeat
    Participant

Play this one: http://auseternal.com/forums/topic/gp-sydney-highlander-challenge/

The kind of guy to cast a Standstill.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.